Job Opening: School Programs Educator
||School Programs Educator
||Meghan Hill, Educational Programs Manager
|Employment Dates/Average Hours
||Intermittent, 1-2 days per week during the school year. Approximately 10 hours per week
The School Programs Educator works as part of a team that facilitates field trips to the museum. One of our field trips focuses on lake ecology and includes paddling with students and water quality testing. Another focuses on the history of the American Revolution in the Champlain Valley. The School Programs Educator assists in running school groups through the varied stations of each type of field trip and will work with groups of 5-15 students. The Museum can provide training materials and background information for candidates new to ecology or Revolutionary War history.
Duties and Responsibilities
|Assist in running field trips:
– Run one station of a field trip, working with several groups of students over the course of the day.
– Come paddling with groups of students and other adults from the museum.
– Give feedback to the Education Programs Manager to help improve field trips.
- Interest and enthusiasm for engaging with students in grades 4-9 and helping them forge connections with local history and Lake Champlain.
- Passion for lake ecology and Lake Champlain history.
- Strong interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- A commitment to collaboration and an enthusiasm for Lake Champlain, its history, and its future.
This position may include onsite, offsite, and on water work. Work outside will occur in all weather conditions.
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “School Programs Educator”
Equal Opportunity Employment
: Lake Champlain Maritime Museum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. The Museum prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.