The Program Officer, Partnerships is responsible for serving as a connector and convener of the humanities sector in Maryland.
The Program Officer reports to the Director of Programs and collaborates closely with other program staff and all Maryland Humanities staff.
Salary Range: $58,000–$62,000
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Director of Programs
Working Conditions: Hybrid
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Program Management (95%)
• The management and overall administration of the Museum on Main Street and other humanities-based exhibition programming, including budget and reporting; special initiative RFPs; and new initiatives
• Leading Maryland Humanities’ Regional Humanities Networks statewide, convening stakeholders and setting agendas, creating opportunities for local partners to increase network members’ engagement with each other, and identifying regional challenges and opportunities and with Maryland Humanities’ programs and grants
• Developing partnership and outreach opportunities to organizations and communities that broaden the pool of partners and participants for RHN and Traveling Exhibits from broad and diverse constituencies throughout Maryland
• Providing guidance capacity building and professional development support to the humanities sector in Maryland
• Monitoring and aligning partnerships to adapt to changing priorities, equity needs, best practices, community needs, and partner feedback
• Helping to identify funding opportunities and assisting with the preparation of proposals and reports to funders
• Maintaining evaluation and other data and reporting on program results each year
• Performing additional duties as assigned by the Director of Programs
External Relations (5%)
• Representing Maryland Humanities at appropriate events, serving as a liaison with cultural, educational, and community groups across Maryland and the general public
• Representing Maryland Humanities at state and national meetings and conferences, as well as on committees and task forces as they relate to Maryland Humanities’ programming
For a list of Requirements, Benefits, and Information on How to Apply visit our website.