Unique opportunity to support one of the country’s finest nonprofit organizations devoted to historic preservation and patriotic service during an exciting period of growth and transformation. The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America seeks a Member Services Manager to strengthen National Headquarters support for our members as we launch a new institutional Strategic Plan following the 125th anniversary of this women’s lineage organization. The NSCDA Member Services Manager—a positive and motivated professional with impeccable customer service skills and ability to take direction from multiple sources—will have a unique opportunity to impact the future of the organization during this important time.
Responsibilities of the position include:
Build and maintain strong relationships with NSCDA leadership nationally, and support 44 Corporate Societies and 15,300+ individual members nationally;
Coordinate NSCDA meetings, workshops, training/orientation webinars, and new travel program;
Maintain NSCDA membership database, providing reports and analysis as needed;
Coordinate NSCDA Strategic Plan development, approval process, progress, and reporting, collecting and collating nation-wide data to support annual report creation;
Manage online member resources and support member communications, including website maintenance, online databases, e-newsletters, conference calls, etc.; and
Supervise Membership & Meetings Assistant, Web & Social Media Assistant, and other periodic part-time, intern, or volunteer headquarters staff.
- Bachelor’s degree, with 2-3 years providing administrative Board support, planning conferences/meetings, working with nonprofit volunteers, or related experience;
- Strong customer service skills and ability to build rapport with members of all ages across the country;
- Self-directed, motivated, tactful, diplomatic, and congenial;
- Proactive and positive attitude, creative problem-solver, and ability to multi-task;
- Proven attention to detail and strong organizing and writing skills;
- Strong computer skills, with database, word processing, webinar, and website maintenance experience;
- Demonstrated experience executing administrative actions and conference/meeting planning;
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, and attitude of respect for working with diverse staff, volunteers, members, and visitors.
- This position works at the historic Dumbarton House, NSCDA National Headquarters and Museum, and requires the mobility and dexterity to climb stairs and carry objects. Regular evening, weekend, and off-site hours required.
For immediate consideration, send cover letter and resume to Karen L. Daly, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org with “NSCDA Member Services” as subject line. No phone calls please.