The Historic Sites of the Morris County Park Commission, located in Morristown, NJ, seeks a dynamic, energetic leader for the position of Senior Historical Program Specialist at its Fosterfields Living Historical Farm location. Fosterfields is a 200-acre Living Historical Farm, located in Morristown, NJ, preserving the farm and estate of Charles Foster, and his daughter Caroline.
The chosen candidate will lead the development, planning, implementation and scheduling of the daily educational, interpretive, special event, public programs, and volunteer programs at Fosterfields Living Historical Farm, which includes:
- Planning, developing, and conducting tours, demonstrations, programs, workshops, and other educational, interpretive, and public programs for all age groups;
· Assisting with the development of educational materials including interpretive exhibits, brochures, and other educational resource materials;
- Ensuring that all educational programming meets NJ Core Curriculum standards;
- Working with Farm staff to coordinate programs involving farm animals, implements, and crops;
- Overseeing the supervision and training of all part-time year-round, and part-time seasonal Education staff;
- Scheduling, supervising, training and recruiting site volunteers for all programs(Currently there are 30+ active volunteers);
- Working with staff to develop outreach programs, and programming for scouts, home schools, and other groups as needed;
The successful candidate will be a graduate of a recognized Master’s Degree program, with a major program of study in history, American studies, museum studies, or a related field, and have at least five years of experience creating, implementing and presenting programs at historic sites, preferably a historic farm setting. The candidate will work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required. The applicant must become a New Jersey resident within one year of being hired. Salary for the position is $48,632, with a comprehensive benefits package. To apply, please go to https://tinyurl.com/MorrisParkapplication, and follow the information on “How to Apply”. No phone calls please. Please reply by Friday, February 16, 2018.
The Morris County Park Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.