Through interesting and engaging programs, Morven Museum & Garden’s Education and Public Programs Manager is responsible for the Museum achieving its audience development goals for adults, children, and families. Current scope includes the historic mansion and grounds, and in late spring 2018 the new Stockton Education Center will open.
- Serve as primary staff to the Education Committee of the Board of Trustees and its subset, the Family Programming ad hoc committee
- Conceive, develop, and implement quality, appropriate general Museum programming in consultation with the Education Committee
- Develop, and manage appropriate, family friendly programming in consultation with the Family Programming ad hoc Committee
- Organize and oversee Morven’s signature education events such as: July 4th Jubilee, month-long Festival of Trees program including “Morning with Santa” and the British Encampment during the Battle of Princeton.
- Using previously developed content, implement periodic home school programs
- In conjunction and collaboration with curatorial and other staff, plan exhibition and collection related lectures and general programs including contacting and scheduling potential speakers/instructors as well as logistical planning
- Coordinate with community partners like the Princeton Arts Council, Princeton Public Library, and others, to develop programs both on and off site that serve our mission.
- Organize, recruit, train and evaluate Morven’s volunteer docent corps
- Participate in identifying and writing grants or sponsorship proposals, including narratives and budgets
- Participate in exhibition planning and interpretation to optimize the educational potential of installations and exhibitions
- Aid in creating site-wide didactics, brochures, and other matter as appropriate, in conjunction with other museum staff members
- Represent Morven at education-based events
- Responsible for the scheduling, oversight and implementation of assigned programs
- Create and manage departmental budget
- Other duties as needed
Category/hours: 25-30 hours a week, permanent part time. Some evening and weekend work required.
- B.A. or B.S. in in Education, History, Museum Education, Museum Studies, or related discipline. M.A., M.S., or M.Ed. preferred, Museum experience preferred.
Mail a cover letter, resume, three references, and sample of a successful program to Education
and Public Program Search, Morven Museum & Garden, 55 Stockton Street, Princeton, NJ
08540 or email with Education and Public Program Search in the subject line to
No Phone Calls.